On behalf of myself, my personal representatives, heirs, next-of-kin, spouse and assigns, I acknowledge that I hereby give up certain legal rights when I register for a class or event which includes the right to recover damages to personal property, bodily injury, and any projects left at the studio in exchange for the consideration of participating in the class and using the tools and equipment provided to me as part of the class.
Furthermore, I HEREBY:
- Release Wyllo from any loss, liability, damage, injury or cost that may arise out of my use of art materials, tools or equipment at Wyllo and I voluntarily assume the risk and danger of injury using such art materials, tools and equipment.
- Release, discharge and promise not to sue Wyllo, under its own name or any other name and/or any of its owners, officers, employees, instructors, and agents (hereinafter, “Releasees”) for any loss, liability, damage, injury, illness* or cost whatsoever arising out of or related to my person or property.
- Release Releasees from any claim that such Releasees are or may be negligent in connection with my educational experience, including but not limited to instruction on art making/working techniques, transportation to and from seminar activities, and maintenance or care of tools, equipment and supplies.
- Indemnify and hold harmless Releasees for any loss, liability, damage, injury or cost that may arise out of or in any way connected with my use of art tools and equipment provided or any acts or omission of Releasees, or other employees or agents.
- Agree to abide by and follow instructions and rules established by Wyllo, or any of its instructors, agents, or employees, with regard to safety operations in using working tools or other artistic equipment.
- For sip events: I understand that I may bring my own unopened container of wine or beer to Wyllo’s studio/shop if I am of the legal drinking age (21+) . I acknowledge that Wyllo is not a party facility, but is a studio shop that allows its participants to BYOB while they learn a craft. I will consume alcohol that I bring responsibly, and have been encouraged to take a taxi or carpool if I will be drinking alcohol, and I assume all risk for my actions while under the influence of alcohol. I understand that if there are any concerns about my ability to operate a motor vehicle upon leaving Wyllo, any agent of the studio may call the local police department to conduct a wellness check on my behalf, but does not have an obligation to do so. I understand that I cannot remove an open container of alcohol from the premises and must leave opened bottles behind for disposal.
Covid-19 Policies: I understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Wyllo, its team members, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Wyllo program. Wyllo is strictly complying to all guidelines for maintaining hygiene protocols and cleaning and disinfecting as described by the Massachusetts government. All students, families and visitors must comply with all mandatory standards. Please be aware that guidelines can change depending on rules set in place by the City of Boston.
8. Acknowledge that this document is a contract and agree that if a lawsuit is filed against Wyllo or its owners, agents, employees or instructors for any injury or damage in breach of this contract, the undersigned will pay all attorney fees and costs incurred by Wyllo in defending such action. The registrant or guardian expressly agrees that the foregoing release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity is governed by the State of Massachusetts and intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Massachusetts law, and that in the event any portion of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the balance of the agreement shall not be affected or impaired in any way and shall continue in full legal force and effect.
9. Understand that Wyllo may take photographs and/or video during class and of the class, and also will take a group photo of participants and their work at the end of class, and that these may be used for marketing and/or public relations purposes for the studio in various settings including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Wyllo’s home page on the Internet, flyers, posters, and other promotional materials. I understand that if I wish to be exempt from this, I need to speak with a member of Wyllo staff and make my wishes known in writing in advance of the class. This applies to all participants included under the group sign-up for online or in-person events.
10. Understand that when I provide my email address at registration, I may be added to the email list for periodic emails from Wyllo, but that I will have the option to unsubscribe at the bottom of the emails.
By registering for the class or event I acknowledge that I have read this document in its entirety and agree to the conditions.